The Rialto Theater announces the submission of proposals for the participation of artists and bands at the 17th Cyprus Rialto World Music Festival. This year's Festival will take place in the second fortnight of July 2022, giving as every year the opportunity to artists and bands of World Music, active both in Cyprus and abroad, to present their work.
As part of the outdoor concerts in the parking lot of the Rialto Theater, the event offers musicians and bands a chance to present new proposals and collaborations, expanding and developing the relationships between musicians and the public with this type of music.
Despite the fact that this year's programming also envisages the invitation of foreign groups, priority will be given to supporting local artistic production, as well as synergy with artists from abroad.
Invitation to submit proposals
The invitation to submit proposals is addressed to professional musicians, composers and bands. Proposals will be accepted until May 6, 2022.
Those interested can obtain the application and the terms of participation from the websites www.cyprusrialtoworldmusic.com and www.rialto.com.cy. For further information and clarifications contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee and the management of the Rialto Theater, and the selected band will be informed by June 10, 2022.
Terms of participation
1. The proposals selected will relate to live appearances and the contributors agree on their implementation outdoors, in accordance with the decisions of the Theater and the measures concerning COVID-19.
2. Priority will be given to musical groups with authentic and original music on the subject of World Music.
3. In addition to the fees , the organizer undertakes, the organization costs: sound, recording, lighting, publications, promotion and in the case of live broadcasting, the technological infrastructure and organization.
4. The organizers can choose a band to be presented in addition to a parallel event within the Festival.
5. The members of each band that will take part will be the ones that are declared/ named in the application form (full name - musical instrument)
6. The musicians who will appear cannot participate in more than two bands.
7. The schedule for each band is determined by the organizer. The duration of the concert ranges from 70-90 minutes.
8. In case the conditions and measures do not allow the physical implementation, the organizer will consider the possibility of transferring it to digital with the consent of the participating artists.
The concerts of the event are recorded (video and audio) and photographed under the responsibility of the organizer, who can use the relevant material for promotion purposes through his digital channels (not commercial use). A copy of this material is delivered to each band.